Building, Mechanical, Plumbing &
Electrical Programs Start Anytime!
England Training has been working with the Florida Building Code Administrators and Inspectors Board (BCAIB) to create the following programs.
All classes utilize our live online eWISE program so no travel is required.
Classes are based on the 2018 I-Codes and the 2017 NEC.
Start your OJT for any program as soon as you are approved and registered! OJT instructors must have an active Florida inspector, or plan review license, in the field you are cross training in. Engineeers do not qualify as an OJT instructor. The Building Code Administrator does not qualify as an OJT Instructor if they only have the BCA license.
200 hour programs
If you have a F.S. 468 Inspectors / Plan Reviewer license that will qualify you for the cross training programs to get license in in that field instead of having the 4 years of experience required by F.S. 468
The 200 hour programs:
- Building InspectorBCAIB 5007990
- Building Plan Review BCAIB 5008029
- Mechanical InspectorBCAIB 5007994
- Mechanical Plan Review BCAIB 5008031
- Plumbing InspectorBCAIB 5007993
- Plumbing Plan ReviewBCAIB 5008030
- Electrical Inspector BCAIB 5007992
- Electrical Plan ReviewBCAIB 5008086
- Inspector & Plan Review Included
- 138 Hours Classroom (Live Online)
- Classes are a mixture of commercial and residential classes
- 62 Hours OJT
- You get both the Commercial Inspector and Plan Review certificates
- We do not offer an 800-hour residential inspector/plan review cross training program
Other than the plan review classes, online classes are offered at least 2 times a year. Plan Review classes are offered one time a year. OJT is at your own pace. You have 3 years from the day you enter the program (when payment is received) to complete the program. England Training will not petition BCAIB for any extensions for any reason.
F.S. 468 grants a new hire with the ability to go through a 300-hour program to obtain their first license in the State of Florida. Must have one of the following:
2 Years as a 663 F.S. Fire Inspector or Plan Reviewer
2 Years ICC certification working in another state
2 Years in a construction related field
2 Year construction related degree
- Program Includes:
- 212 Hours Classroom (Live Online)
- 88 Hours OJT
- Price: $5795.00